Search mah Blog! :D

Friday, October 22, 2010

Your make-up looks nice today :D

I just got home from going to a haunted house with my good friend, Katie. It was pretty good. Decent effects, good costume, etc, etc. But I wasn't really scared. I'm not sure why, I just wasn't. Here's how it all went down:

We enter the haunted house through a black spinning tunnel decorated with small multicolored lights scattered throughout the tube. In the middle of said tunnel is a tilty bridge that you have to walk across to reach the first room. Kay. Mission accomplished. Then we go through various rooms and hallways full of people dressed as monsters and ghosts and zombies and things of that nature. That's fine, cool, s'all good. Dudes follow us throughout the hallway. Meh, okay. Jump out and stare me in the face; hi, how are ya? I was pretty casual throughout the whole ordeal (hell, I even danced a little to the music playing in there), and I even complimented some of the living decor on their costumes and makeup. Katie was a little freaked out, but mostly by the loud noises and the stalker guys. At some point, we reached a room that had a DINOSAUR HEAD STICKING OUT OF THE WALL . It was pretty kick-ass. It even rawred and watched you cross the room. After that, we went to an extremely foggy room lit only by a strobe light (which I hated) and entered a maze. Now, before we went to the maze, we watched a "Saw" type video with the puppet head saying "I wanna play a game" and all that crap. The objective was to find the door at the end of the maze that said "I want to live". If the lights turn on before you find that door, then "your time is up". So Katie and I are wandering around blindly, when she bends down to tie her shoe.
Me: "*having to yell over very loud music* WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"
Katie: "TYING MY SHOE!"
Me: "STOP TYING YOUR SHOE! GET UP!!!"
Katie: "NO, I HAVE TO TIE MY SHOE!!!"
Me: "GET UP! WE'RE GOING TO DIE!!!"

Of course, we never found the door. Our time ran out, and we were kindly escorted out through a fire exit. And from there, we went to the one room I'd anticipated going to: the BUBBLE ROOM!!! It was awesome! Foamy bubbly bubbles were everywhere! All in our face, hair, etc. It was simply beautiful. Just... Beautiful.
But then.... *clink*
Me: "Crap..."
Katie: "What's wrong?"
Me: "My purity ring fell off!" (Yes, I had one of those)
Katie: "Oh, sh*t!" (We were standing in shoulder-high piles of foam and bubbles)
Me: "I'm gonna find it! *dives into a shoulder-high pile of foam and bubbles, crawling around and patting the ground like Velma from Scooby-Doo when she loses her glasses, except I can't see OR breathe*"
Katie: "GET UP!"
Me: "No, I can find it!"
Katie: "*exasperated beyond belief* For the love of God, Izzy, get up!!"
Me: "*tone of voice is whiney as hell* NOOOOOOoooouuuuuuuuu~~~~!!!!"
 (This is what the room looked like:)



I eventually quit, cause I couldn't find it (or breathe), and we emerged from the haunted house completely covered from head to toe in suds (I'm pretty sure I looked a lot like the blob).
The highlight of my evening was when a pile of bubbles floated off the top of Katie's head and just flew away... Flew away...
That, and the seafood dinner I had afterward.

 In closing, I can still taste the damn haunted house air >:C

1 comment:

  1. Aww. I'm sorry you lost your purity ring in the bubble room.. And buy Katie some GOD DAMN VELCRO SHOES! She made you DIE!!!1 Just kidding... Or maybe not.. No, I am, hah... OR AM I?!...

    ReplyDelete