Now that I've let out all my emo-ness and have started to focus on problems outside of myself (but still involved with me, cause I'm self-absorbed like that), I've realized a big issue that really needs to be taken care of.
My best friend and my boyfriend do not get along.
I guess it shouldn't be a big deal since this has been going on for months and I've just been dealing with it, but I realize that as long as there's a chance that they'll end up in the same room for longer than five minutes, their constant arguing could eventually lead to a break-up that could have easily been avoided.
Now my friend's problem with my boyfriend is that he's really childish (which I do not ask for him to change), kind of a know-it-all (that much, I can basically agree with), and that he picks basically the most inconvenient times to try and cuddle (which I don't consider to be too much of a bad thing, but this much is also true). As for my boyfriend's problem with my friend, he doesn't really complain a whole lot, but based on past conversations that have taken place after a few big fights between the two, I'd assume that he doesn't like how she analyzes all his negative traits, constantly compares him to her ex, and I guess how she sometimes acts superior towards him (that isn't something he actually mentioned, but she does have that tendency and I imagine that it does bother him at least a bit).
But the thing is, while I do know what the issues between the two are, I have no idea how to fix it. I know I can't ask her to change, but I don't want to try to force him to change, either. Especially if it's just to please my friend, rather than his own girlfriend.
So what the hell am I supposed to do.....?
To tell you the truth, you really shouldn't have to do anything to fix it. It's her problem, let her be bitter about it.
ReplyDeleteIf you like him as much as you say you do, don't try and fix it for her sake. He's your boyfriend, not hers. He makes you happy, and that's all that matters. I get that she's your best friend, but she shouldn't have much say in who you date, and why you date them.