Search mah Blog! :D

Friday, October 22, 2010

Hey, listen!

Today, I discovered a problem in my choice of friends.
See, as a girl who is easily irritated by endless drama and whining, I tend to surround myself with guys.
This, however, can be a problem, when it comes to conversations involving things such as sexy women or video games I've never even heard of.
This is how conversations like that go:

Dude #1: "Oh, dude, have you played *game I've never heard of*?"
Dude #2: "Yeah, it sucked ASS!"
Dude #3: "Actually, I thought it was alright.  I just didn't like *character I've never heard of*..."
Dude #1: "What's wrong with you? That guy was awesome!"
Dude #3: "No, he/she was pretty dumb."
Dude #2: "What about *other character I've never heard of*?"
Dude #1: "He's okay. Oh, have you ever played *game I HAVE heard of*?!"
Dude #3: "Ugh, I HATED that game!"
Me: "*speaking at same time as #3, in a quieter tone* That game was pretty cool..."
Dude #Whatever: "*looks at me* What?"
Me: "I said that was a pretty cool game"
Dude #3: "*not interested enough to debate with me about whether it was a good game or not*"
Dudes #1&2: "*start talking about some other game I've never heard of*"

See, I'm no gamer. I don't play a lot of games, I usually just watch other people play them. I do play a FEW games, but not many. These games consist of...
...Kingdom Hearts II
...Final Fantasy IX
...Any Nintendo Mario game
...Mario Kart Wii
...Tetris

That's about it. Of course, this one friend of mine keeps trying to get me in to a certain variety of games, comics, books, etc., but I usually forget to check these things out, or just flat-out choose not to.
So I suppose my lack of gamer knowledge is my own fault, huh?

....I don't know how to end this.
 
I'm tired now. I'm going to bed.

1 comment: